Bruce Gandy, WriterNot the world-renowned bagpiper, the other one.
Freelance Content Writer | Blogs/Articles for Social Justice, the Environment | Tech Docs | Politics | Web Content (with a touch of Humor)
Sarasota, FL ● 973-476-3725 ● Bruce@BruceGandy.com ● Skype: bruce-gandy
BruceGandyWriter.com ● LinkedIn Profile
Person of Influence
Seeker of Awesome Writers, Inc.
Your Search Ends Here, Anywhere USA
Dear Person of Influence,
Could I ask you something? If you had to hire a writer, and I hope you do, would your criteria look something like this?
- A wordsmith, comfortable with language styles used in business, informal conversation, humor, or dialog.
- Able to provide several samples of work.
- Reliable, meets deadlines, easy to deal with, and willing to research your business. Not a flake.
- Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.
Well, three out of four ain’t bad.
To show that I am reliable, (yada, yada, yada,) there is this section below:
While honing my writing skills for a long time as part of my professional Acting, Writing, Directing, and Technology careers, Writing, with a Capital W, is still my passion. You should know that I offer the same professionalism, expertise, and fearlessness as a Writer that I communicated in IT. Let me put your best words forward.
When people describe me like this:
- “Not only did Bruce seamlessly pick up the slack on the platforms in which he clearly brought in expertise, he proceeded to awe me as he effortlessly took on new projects that required discovering and assimilating new products and platforms. He does not back down from any challenge.”
- “From the first time I met Bruce it was clear that I was dealing with a true professional. His understanding of Notes is exceptional. His technical abilities are top-tier, and his demeanor and interpersonal skills are first class.”
- “Bruce’s technical expertise comes ‘packaged’ in a friendly, witty, sincere and caring human being. He is flexible, respected and admired by technical and business associates alike for his willingness to help anyone he can. He is reliable and has impeccable work ethics.”
C’mon, how can I not want you to know this is who I am?
If you are also looking for a resume, might I humbly implore you to accept this as both a cover letter and resume? Very few writers I know even have resumes. They let their work speak for itself, as I hope to do with you. If you must have a work history, there is always LinkedIn.
So there you have it: who I am, how I write, and testimonials about my approach to work.
* Sources available
After graduating with my Bachelor’s in English in tow, I plied my craft for years as a professional Actor, Writer, and Director. This naturally led me to a career in – wait, what? Technology? Always blending writing into that career as well, give me words to play with, and I am one happy camper!
I’m a Freelance Content Writer Specializing in Business Blogging, Tech Documents, Short Stories, Articles, Politics, and Web Content (with a touch of humor). One of my favorite topics includes why these two thoughts don’t go together: “Politics is a dirty business.” / “I’ve spent my life in Public Service.”
Who supported me all this time (Green indicates technology, including a writing component)? Companies like:
- Kemet Electronics, Hayward Industries, Pfizer, TD Bank, MetLife, Novartis Oncology, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Lapp USA, American List Counsel, American Express Publishing, Avon, Citicorp, Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield, NBC Sports, McKinsey & Co., Shell Oil, BASF, to name a few.
You know, little Mom & Pop shops.
Intensely serious by nature, humor keeps me sane – sometimes.
At the links below, you can see some live samples of my work writing in various styles:
Still Plays Well with Others Using these Toys
END USER – (All Advanced) Word ● Excel ● PowerPoint ● Many software utilities ● SnagIt ● Google (G Suite) Apps
REMOTE ACCESS – WebEx ● Google Meet/Hangouts ● MS Teams ● TeamViewer ● GoToMeeting ● GoToAssist ● Skype ● FTP Tools ● VPN Tools
WEB/VIDEO/GRAPHICS/DEV TOOLS – HTML/CSS ● WordPress ● Yoast SEO ● Camtasia Studio ● Adobe Photoshop / Acrobat Pro DC / Dreamweaver ● (Lotus/IBM/HCL) Notes and Domino
Bachelor of Arts, English,
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ USA
Bunches of Technical Certificates