Bruce Gandy, WriterNot the world-renowned bagpiper, the other one.
Person of Influence
Seeker of Awesome Writers, Inc.
Your Search Ends Here, Anywhere USA
Dear Person of Influence,
Could I ask you something? If you had to hire a writer, and I hope you do, would your criteria look something like this?
- A wordsmith, comfortable with language styles used in business, informal conversation, humor, or dialog.
- Able to provide several samples of work.
- Reliable, meets deadlines, easy to deal with, and willing to research your business. Not a flake.
- Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.
Well, three out of four ain’t bad.
To show that I am reliable, (yada, yada, yada,) there is this section below:
While honing my writing skills for a long time as part of my professional Acting, Writing, Directing, and Technology careers, writing is still my passion.
A brief sample* of what some of my previous employers have said about my approach:
- “Not only did Bruce seamlessly pick up the slack on the platforms in which he clearly brought in expertise, he proceeded to awe me as he effortlessly took on new projects that required discovering and assimilating new products and platforms. He does not back down from any challenge.”
- “From the first time I met Bruce it was clear that I was dealing with a true professional. His understanding of Notes is exceptional. His technical abilities are top-tier, and his demeanor and interpersonal skills are first class.”
- “Bruce’s technical expertise comes ‘packaged’ in a friendly, witty, sincere and caring human being. He is flexible, respected and admired by technical and business associates alike for his willingness to help anyone he can. He is reliable and has impeccable work ethics.”
If you are also looking for a resume, might I humbly implore you to accept this as both a cover letter and resume? Very few writers I know even have resumes. They let their work speak for itself, as I hope to do with you. If you must have a work history, there is always LinkedIn.
So there you have it: who I am, how I write, and testimonials about my approach to work.
* Sources available
Graduating with my Bachelor’s in English in tow, I plied my craft for years as a professional Actor, Writer, and Director. This naturally led me to a career in – wait, what? Technology? Always blending writing into that career as well, give me words to play with, and I am one happy camper!
I’m a freelancer who writes mostly (but not always) about politics, the environment, and humor — those frequently being the same thing. My strong spiritual bent counters my occasional potty mouth. Go figure. Some of my favorite topics include gerrymandering, the Electoral College, the environment/climate change, and why these two thoughts don’t go together: “Politics is a dirty business.” / “I’ve spent my life in Public Service.”
Who supported me all this time (Green indicates technology including a writing component)? Companies like:
- Hayward Industries, Pfizer, TD Bank, MetLife, Novartis Oncology, New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Lapp USA, American List Counsel, American Express Publishing, Avon, Citicorp, Empire Blue Cross/Blue Shield, NBC Sports, McKinsey & Co., Shell Oil, BASF, to name a few.
You know, little Mom & Pop shops.
Favorite genres: Blogging, Articles, Humor, Politics, Research, Non-fiction, Fiction, Scripts, and Spirituality
Intensely serious by nature, humor keeps me sane – sometimes.
At the links below, you can see some live samples of my work writing in various styles:
Still Plays Well with Others Using these Toys
END USER – (All Advanced) Word ● Excel ● PowerPoint ● Many software utilities ● SnagIt ● Google (G Suite) Apps
REMOTE ACCESS – WebEx ● Google Meet/Hangouts ● MS Teams ● TeamViewer ● GoToMeeting ● GoToAssist ● Skype ● FTP Tools ● VPN Tools
WEB/VIDEO/GRAPHICS – HTML/CSS ● WordPress ● Yoast SEO ● Camtasia Studio ● Adobe Photoshop / Acrobat Pro DC / Dreamweaver
Bachelor of Arts, English,
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ USA
Bunches of Technical Certificates